Good communication skills are imperative for any business. In fact, these skills can often mean the difference between success and failure. Communication is vital in an organization because it not only connects them to members from other departments, branches but around the world.
Importance of communication in sales
Communication skills are essential in Sales. This is because, one needs to make sure that the people around should understand the product or service that one is supporting and promoting. One needs to be aware of all the advantages that it has and the good that it can bring for them.
When you are interested in working on your communication skills, you will find that you need to actually use them. Take a chance and make sure that you reach out and communicate with the people around you.
One of the most aspects of sales, it to take a dynamic approach. In the current scenario, market conditions are changing frequently and not only do you need to be aware of the sales, but also the sales pitch that follows.
Like any employees, the sales person needs to be appreciated and recognized for their performance and hard work. Good communication ensures the sufficient operation of all levels of an organization, whereas poor communication often results in inefficiency, which equals to loss of productivity and consequently loss of profits.
Listening is important because “the ability to listen or the ability to tune in to the needs and objectives of clients, customers and colleagues is the one skill that can make a difference between mediocre company and good company.
Reading is important because members of an organization must be able to interpret information correctly, moreover they must be able to proofread their own written communication in order to ensure their messages are properly interpreted.
Speaking is important because members must be able to express ideas verbally in a way that will both clearly get points and hold the interest of the clients. Communicating externally is far more challenging than communicating internally, mainly because when communicating with people outside the organization, not only they are representing themselves as individuals but also the organization as a whole.
In reality, the members of the organization should possess brilliant ideas for company growth and expansion. If one possesses communication skills, it will work for the betterment of the organization and also for personal growth.
Our Other Posts:
Confidence is one basic parameter that is needed in every aspect of our life. If we have immense knowledge but we do not have the confidence of delivering it, it is considered that we do not know anything. Confidence is not only limited to Verbal thing but also confidence is seen in Non- Verbal communication like the manner in which one carries his / her ownself. Our gestures and postures also give out messages of our confidence.
When it comes to English Speaking, it carries immense confidence with itself. One has to have a strong belief in his / her ownself. As the saying goes that when a person has the confidence, he or she can attain any heights of success. The same applies with English Speaking.
We often look at elite entrepreneurs, executives, artists and celebrities and we wonder how exactly they manage to be sp close to perfection and what gives them a cut above the rest? The answer to that question is “Confidence”. They have an impeccable (it is perfect and has no fault) confidence – Self Confidence. We all humans are born with an invincible (believe that they cannot be defeated) self confidence, the only difference is that some of us are already aware of it and some of them need to discover it.
Improve Confidence in English Speaking
One needs to actually feel proud of one’s existence. One must have pride for his/ her ownself. Appreciating yourself is of utmost importance. We should make it a practice of jotting down all the qualities that you personally admire in yourself and also the qualities that you have always been complimented for. Enlist at least 10 qualities of yourself and put it right in front of your desk or in a place that will remind you of these same qualities.
Be Optimistic and willing to take challenges
One needs to do something out of the box. Believe in yourself and your abilities and take your belief to the next level.
Learn from your mistakes
Do not ponder on your mistakes. In fact, learn from your mistakes and rectify them. This is the best exercise that one can do for oneself. If we are willingly to take our feedback in a Positive manner, then we are in the right direction.
Sacrifice your Comfort Zone
One needs to sacrifice the comfort zone that one is in. It is very easy to stick with Vocabulary that is simple- but is that learning something new? One needs to come out of the self created shell. One must have the courage to try new words, grammar and structure sentences. This will help in enhancing the vocabulary and having a list of larger words to work with in a variety of situations, in our kitty.
The above mentioned steps will help you in gaining confidence, while speaking in English. Confidence, demands one to have a good body language, good command over vocabulary, adequate grammar and the right approach towards the art of learning. BM assures you to bring about complete transformation in ones personality.
More Lens from BM English Speaking
- Neglect stress at your peril. Tackle it, lead on by finding out what causes you stress.
- If you can identify what causes you stress may be you can avoid such a situation the next time.
- Impersonally analyze the effect of stress upon your physical & mental state.
- Ask yourself whether you can avoid situations and circumstances which trigger stress?
- If stress simply cannot be avoided, ask yourself, whether you can limit the period you are exposed to stress?
- One way to reduce stress is simply to take a break when you are stressed. Stretch your legs. Go for a walk. Take a vacation.
- Stress Management techniques should effectively put you on top of situations which you previously feared or were anxious about.
- Understand that it is simply impossible to please everyone in life. So do not doubt yourself at the first sign of disapproved or criticism.
- You can reduce stress by refusing to treat every matter as urgent or critical.
- Stress is a good servant but a bad master. Do not allow stress to dominate you. Think of ways in which you can harness stress to get things done.
- If you are stressed you tend to become emotional. It also works the other way round. If you can control emotions or find a safe outlet (like exercise, for example) you can control stress.
- When stressed your heart beat start racing in readiness to cope with the threat. Bring it down through deep breathing.
- Monitor your physical parameters with regular check-ups by our doctor and keep blood pressure under control to ensure that your body doesn’t take a beating.
- But remember that addiction to medicines as a way to control stress can actually lead to more stress.
- Natural and common sense ways of controlling stress are best.
- Exercises which are good for the heart are also good for relieving stress.
- If you have your weight under control, it is likely that you have stress under control.
- Give yourself the 8 hours or whatever you require to really feel rested. Sleep like a child and you can deal much better with stress at work.
- Public relations now-a-days is not confined to the print media. Television and the internet have become a very important means of communication used by public relations professionals.
- Public relations focus on timely and creative communication of information to both stake-holders and general public.
- It makes an organization well known to the general public.
- It helps in creating good will for the organization.
- It helps to inform stake holders and the public in a timely manner.
- It allows an organization to extend the area of its reach.
- Through positive and negative feedback it helps an organization to understand its customer’s better.
- Through modern means of communication an organization can reach out to global markets.
- Feedback helps an organization to know levels of customer satisfaction and their expectation in future.
- Natural Ability: Some people are born leaders with a burning desire to forge a different path.
- An example to follow: Good Leaders set great examples for others to follow.
- Good leaders are good listeners: A good leader is not ashamed to seek suggestions from the people whom he leads. It improves participation and productivity.
- Constant Improvement: Leadership qualities need constant refinements. A fine leader is always in the making.
- Be one with the team: A leader should never stand aloof from his men. Encouraging those who come out with positive suggestions boosts their morale.
- Encourage education & training: It is a truism that learning never ends. Constant education and training helps people to contribute to better team performance.
- Never hide your mistakes: Only those who act can commit mistakes. The team greatly admires a leader who accepts his mistakes as a mark of true courage.
- Tackle the bad apple: Do not allow a problem creator to get away. Tackle him immediately and firmly.
- Celebrate each other’s success: Team members must be trained to appreciate and acknowledge each other’s achievement. Crab mentality where each pulls the other down must be avoided at all cost.
- Motivation: An important way to motivate your team is to hold functions, give awards and generally recognize achievements of the team.
- Awake abilities: A good leader conducts contests and competitions to bring out the latest talents and abilities of the team.
- Expose: A good leader gives his team maximum exposure so that they gain experience and knowledge in all kinds of situations.
In this case of a critical decision the entire focus is on the decision-maker. In case he makes a wrong decision he will never be allowed to forget all his life.
- A decision is something like the toss of the coin. One must be prepared for either heads or tails. But one must always back one’s decision. Have the right mental frame.
- Having assessed the situation to the best of the ability take your decision in positive spirit and chances are likely that you will succeed.
- There is no way that you can be 100% right in every decision you make. The simple solution is to openly accept when you are wrong and go on with your life.
- Procrastination is the greatest enemy of decision making. It is worse than a failure due to bad decision and can destroy your reputation.
- You may depend on your own knowledge and experience or you may ask those you may trust. But remember when you finally take the decision, the buck stops with you.
- Remember large decisions are frightening because they are complex. If you take the decision one step at a time what is complex may now become simple.
- One simple trick to decision making is to list them and dispose them according to priority.
- If the same technique or the same logic applies to all decision making it would be wonderful. But each decision comes with its own baggage and requires a different template for its solution.